From growing to cooking, to policy and industry updates, they…
Originally published in The Weed Blog
When making marijuana brownies, you won’t have the desired result unless you first process the marijuana to extract it’s THC (tetrahydro–cannabinol).
Perfect Marijuana Brownies
In this recipe, you can choose between an oil or butter based extraction process for the perfect marijuana brownies. Once extracted, the THC infused mixture can be added as the recipe calls for it.
You would substitute equal parts butter for oil as directed. For example, if a recipe calls for ⅔ cup of oil, you would substitute ⅔ cup of butter.
Everyone’s favorite, staple marijuana edible is the traditional ‘pot brownie’. We’ll begin by showing you both THC extraction processes so you can choose what you prefer.
THC Extraction Using Oil What You Will Need:
- flavorless cooking oil, such as grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2.5 grams of marijuana per serving (one ½ ounce for a full batch)
- coffee or dried herbs grinder
- brownie mix*
- medium size pot
- stirring spoon (wooden or plastic)
*You can either use a box mix or make your brownies from scratch.
Making Marijuana Oil for Marijuana Brownies:
- Grind up the marijuana in your grinder or a coffee grinder multiple times until it literally turns into powder.
- Spread the powdered marijuana onto a frying pan. For an even cook – which is important when extracting the THC – it’s a good idea to match the frying pan to the burner size.
- Pour oil directly onto the marijuana powder in the pan, according to the amount asked for in the brownie recipe.
- Turn the burner on low, until the oil and powder start to simmer.
- Turn burner heat to the lowest setting. Leave the burner on for 2-6 hours depending on how much time you have (2 hrs is average). Make sure to stir the marijuana oil every 30 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- When the oil is done absorbing the THC, pour the oil mixture into a filter (use cheesecloth, not a coffee filter) to strain out the plant material
- The final product should be a musky brown color oil without any grass, stems, or seeds in it.
Use this oil to make the brownies by following the instructions on the brownie box. If you prefer to make weed brownies using butter rather than oil, continue reading.
THC Extraction Using Butter
Making the Marijuana Butter for Marijuana Brownies – What You Need:
- 2.5 grams of weed per serving (an ounce of dank or an ounce of mids works well)
coffee or dried herbs grinder
- brownie mix
- a small pot and a larger pot
- wood spoon
- Fill the larger pot with clean water and place on a burner the same size as the pot for even cooking. Place the smaller pot inside the larger one.
- Add 2-3 sticks of butter.
- Turn the burner on a low setting until the water in the larger pots begins to simmer.
- Lower temperature to a medium-low setting to establish a near simmer. Make sure to keep the heat lower since the water in the larger pot will heat up the marijuana’s THC which would destroy the THC, making the weed brownies, well, just brownies.
- Proceed to leave the burner on for 2-3 hours, or longer.
- Once done, pour the butter through a cheesecloth, removing any seeds, stems, or leftover plant material.
- Spread this butter throughout the bottom of a large pan.
- Pour the brownie mixture on top.
- Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to an hour.
For more information, visit: The Weed Blog
From growing to cooking, to policy and industry updates, they have you covered. The Weed Blog’s mission is to be a vehicle for cannabis law reform and policy change, and that the platform will help cannabis consumers, enthusiasts, industry professionals, and activists to work together and eventually end cannabis prohibition on the global level. Learn more at www.theweedblog.com